It’s the day after Thanksgiving, but the thanks don’t stop just yet. In fact, I’d like to continue this in some way once the 30-day challenge for November is completed. I’m thinking along the lines of something like “Thankful Thursdays.” Something to keep me posting here at least semi-regularly since I’m on a roll.
Today feels like a good day for another random list.
I am thankful for…
- A community of compassion. I don’t just mean the community we live in, but the community of compassion at large. Most recently I have seen this in action when people from all over the country have placed Christmas items on display in their homes in honor of Sweet Bea and her family. Many of these people don’t actually know Bea or her family, but her story has touched their hearts. It has been awesome to see. (And, on that note, please continue to keep Bea and her family in your most uplifting thoughts and prayers.)
- Prayer – This ties back into the community of compassion in a lot of ways. I know that many are offering up prayers for Bea and her family and I have other friends and family members who are being held up in prayer too. Prayer is our connection to God and I am so thankful that we have it.
- Comfort food. Our Thanksgiving meal had some of my most favorite comfort foods ever – cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, etc. Nothing fancy about it, just plain good.
- Humidifiers. In the summertime down South, the humidity can be pretty crazy. But, lately it’s been super dry in our house and I am so thankful to be able to crank up the humidifiers to remedy that little issue.
- Flip-Flops – Y’all, I wore flip-flops two days this week! I’m not even kidding. It was warm enough and I went for it. I basically live in flip-flops all summer and I usually put them away when it gets cool. Glad I had a pair handy recently.
- The ability to resist Black Friday sales – Okay, so there was a time in my life when I got up early with a friend and we hit the stores for the deals. You know what? We had a ball. More than anything else, we just enjoyed hanging out together. But, in recent years I haven’t hit any of the BF sales. While I miss the girlfriend time, I don’t miss getting up early or the crazy crowds. I’m more of a Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday (okay, Cyber December) kind of gal.
- Being Southern – I say “y’all” a lot, I like my tea sweet (although with Splenda these days), I’m a big fan of grits, I adore SEC college football (GO DAWGS), I can quote basically the whole original “Steel Magnolias” movie, I always wondered what really happened to Scarlett and Rhett, I could see naming a child Atticus or Scout, I enjoy riding down random country dirt roads to see where they lead, and I still say “yes ma’am/no ma’am” and “yes sir/no sir” to my elders. I’m a Southern girl through and through.
Well, that’s today’s list. Hope everyone has a great day today. If you got out into the madness, I hope you scored some amazing deals. 🙂 Don’t forget that tomorrow is Small Business Saturday. Support your local small businesses. Keeping it local helps everyone.
Be blessed, y’all…