Happy Wednesday, y’all!
For the first time since late December, this is the first week our girls have gone to school on a Monday, so this mid-week thing is once again LEGIT. (wink) Fortunately for us, no one had that “hit the wall” feeling going on this morning, so we’ll take that as a victory. Tomorrow, as Miss Scarlett would say, is another day, so we’ll just hope this week keeps clicking along in a nice manner. Amen?
A couple of Wednesdays ago, I asked “What are you eating” and I got some great responses here and on FB. Yesterday for lunch I made the Hearty Vegetable Soup that Ashlea linked for me that day. I made a couple of modifications because, well, that’s how I cook, but it was seriously SOOOO good! If you’re looking for a good soup recipe, this is it. The modifications I made were really simple and I’ll share on the blog in a post one day, but I’ll share basically what I did. I used a large can of tomato sauce (29oz) and about a can of water, I also added in a bag of frozen “gumbo” (okra, corn, peppers and celery*), and I dashed in a little extra balsamic and chili powder. (*I cannot stand celery, but it’s in the mix, so…) Other than that, I went basically by the recipe and it was fantastic! I had it for lunch yesterday and, fortunately, I had enough left to freeze a gallon size bag for later AND have enough left for lunch today. Score! So, thank you, Ashlea…and JamieLyn over at IheartNaptime for this recipe!
What are you watching?
I’m curious – what are y’all watching these days? My DVR used to be hopping and full of shows, but I’m really down now to just a few.
- This is Us — Seriously, if you’re not watching this yet, go binge watch to catch up, and then set your DVR weekly. This show is just SO SO GOOD! I love the character development and the way the story-lines are interwoven from past to present. The characters are all so real and it’s easy to relate to them. And, it’ll get to your heartstrings in a quick second. I have a pretty set rule not to get into new shows from the beginning because I’ve gotten burned when they canceled, but this one was worth the risk. Not only is it a great show, but I know it’s going to be around because they just renewed for two more seasons. Yay!! As of the writing of this entry, I still haven’t seen the most recent one, so, please…no spoilers.
- Fixer Upper — You’ve probably already determined that I have a fan thing going for Chip & Joanna Gaines, right? I just love watching how they are together. Not only are they an incredible husband and wife team, but they also live out their faith in such real ways, and they are both incredibly talented with homes. If they wanted to come “fix up” my house? Have at it. This show is one I always look forward to because I’m inspired by them in several ways AND I always get good laughs. Their outtakes shows make me LAUGH OUT LOUD, for real. I have said to Mickey more than once that Chip and Jo seem like the kind of people you can just hang out with and feel comfortable with right off the bat. I’m a fan and I hope the show stays around a long time. I also hope to get out to Waco to the Silos and shops one day.
- American Housewife — This one is new, so it’s a wonder I’m watching already, but I’m HOOKED! Mickey and I watch it together, actually. Y’all, this show is so stinkin’ funny! I like that it doesn’t take itself too seriously and just keeps things comedic. The way Katy Mixon plays her character is spot on! She’s got such timing! If you need a little comedy in your life, check out this one!
- Chopped — Food Network is a channel I will often default to because there is usually something on there that I like. My all time very favorite Food Network show? Chopped! I don’t care how many times I’ve seen it or if I’ve seen the same episode more than once, I’ll watch again and again. I’m always thinking what I would do with the ingredients. (Except when it’s really weird stuff like chicken feet – who eats that?!) I always know the judges cringe when they see a dessert contestant make bread pudding or French toast and I can’t figure out why the contestants don’t know that by now? I also wonder if they get tired of ice cream since that ice cream maker gets a workout?! Chopped is so fun to watch and I doubt I’ll ever get tired of it. I’m also very thankful that I’ll never be asked to judge because…no.
- Grey’s Anatomy — Yes, I’m still watching Grey’s. It’s been around a long time and I’m invested. I know we’ve been put through the ringer as fans and you feel like you never know who is going to die next, but I can’t stop watching. The last couple of seasons have been better, in my opinion, but nothing is better than the first few seasons. At least, so far. I’m eager for the return this week.
So, that’s pretty much what I watch on a regular basis. Sometimes I watch Live with Kelly, old reruns of 90210 when I come across them (the best), Friends, and some other Food Network shows. And, I always LOVE to watch Andy Griffith when it’s on and I have time too. That one never fails to be funny! I’m also still watching back through Downton Abbey via Amazon Prime, but taking my time about it.
What are YOU watching? Any shows you recommend?