I’m making a chicken and broccoli casserole for dinner tonight and thought I’d share the recipe in case anyone else would like to try it sometime. It’s a favorite around here! So good and easy to make. I usually serve it with a side of black-eyed peas. YUM!
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
- Steamed broccoli pieces (I use the frozen broccoli that you can steam right in the microwave)
- Shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or Mexican blend without the spices)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of broccoli OR broccoli-cheese soup
- 1 (8oz) container sour cream
- 1 tube Ritz crackers, crushed
*For my soups, I use Healthy Request. I also use reduced fat cheese, lite sour cream and reduced fat Ritz.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13x2″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut up the cooked chicken and put it into the baking dish.
- Layer the cooked broccoli pieces on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the broccoli and chicken. (Use amount desired)
- Mix soups and sour cream together, spread this mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
If any of you try this one, please let me know how you like it. It’s a family favorite here! 🙂