- I am smiling as I read the title of my post. I got that saying from my Uncle Lawrence years ago. We used to go on an annual camping trip every summer as a family. My mom, brother and I went along with my grandparents (mom’s parents) and her brother, Uncle Lawrence. Lawrence was always one of those late to bed, late to rise people. As kids, my brother Charlie and I didn’t exactly sleep late. So, on these camping trips we’d already be up and at ’em for awhile before Lawrence would crawl out of bed. He’d get up, come to the camper door and say “Good mornin’, Mornin’!” every morning. That stuck with me all these years. I’m still known to say it myself. What better way to start the day than to greet the morning, right?! 😀
- It’s a chilly morning here today. Only about 36 outside right now. Brrrr!! It’s supposed to get into the mid-60s today, so I wish that would hurry up. It’s so weird to me to dress the girls in spring clothes for school and then cover those clothes up with a coat or sweater. It’s cool in the mornings and warm by the afternoons. Of course, I do love that spring is springing, but I’m always glad when the warmer weather settles in for a nice long stay.
- I am “on call” for jury duty this week. I thought I was going in this morning, but I read my summons last night and there was a number to call after 6pm the evening before reporting. So, we called and my number wasn’t one that had to report this morning. I am to call every evening after 6pm this week to see if I am selected to come in for jury selection. It really worked out for the best that I wasn’t selected to come in this morning. Mariana is doing better, but still not on the top of her game. Plus, Macey’s Character Education winner lunch is today. Two very good and valid reasons for me to be home today, I’d say.
- I mentioned over the weekend that I was going to do some much-needed clothes shopping. Well, I did, but it was almost a bust. Clothes shopping isn’t as fun for me as it used to be. I must be at some weird stage because certain sizes are too small, but then the next size up is too big. Weird. Anyway, that has motivated me to keep working out and also work on eating better to lose some weight. Please wish me luck. I really want to drop some pounds, but also firm up and get in better shape. Not just for a wardrobe, but that is a nice incentive.
- I did, however, find some CUTE spring and summer items for the girls while I was shopping. That’s always easy and fun! I just have to remember to put the brakes on at some point when shopping for them. Go figure. 😉
- Please PLEASE keep Baby Stellan and his family in your prayers.
Health & Fitness
I am making a real effort to post in my blog daily. Lately I have been posting in the mornings. Well, this morning was busy and I never got to it. Then the afternoon went by quickly. I also met with the mom and bride for the wedding reception I’m shooting this weekend. After that was our Wednesday night supper at the church. THEN we had to get the girls home, bathed and into bed. Finally, it was time for me to do my Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout and WHEW! I’m spent! But, it was a great day! It started out cool and gray, but after lunch the sun came out and things just perked up beautifully.
So, speaking of the Boot Camp work-out, let me just say that I was as unmotivated as could be on Monday. I only did level 1 (instead of 1 and 2 like I should have) and I even gave that the least amount of real effort I could get away with giving. I was tired, etc. Tonight, I made up for it. I have moved up to using two 5lb hand weights for level one. (I started with none, moved up to two 2-pound weights and now I’m up to the fives.) For Level 2, I have been using the 2-pound hand weights, but haven’t had a medicine ball to use on that level yet. Well, today my new 4-pound medicine ball came from Amazon, so I got to use it. That was a great addition to the work-out. I can tell that it really added more dimension to it. I worked hard tonight and I feel great for having done that. Tired, but great. Pretty soon I’m going to take a bath with lavender epsom salt so that my muscles get a nice treat too!
In big news around our house – Mariana is rocking the house with potty-training. She is doing SO SO well! She has gone to preschool both Monday and today and come home in the same outfit she went to school wearing. In other words, no accidents. Yay!! She’s so proud of herself too! She is a tad potty obessed and sometimes likes to go repeatedly just out of the whole newness of it, but that’s okay – at least she’s going. WOO HOO!
Okay, I hear that bath calling my name. 😉 G’night…
- Good morning and HAPPY ST. PADDY’S DAY!
- Macey wore her green to school very proudly today. Well, she was somewhat disappointed that she wasn’t dressed head to toe in green, to be honest. She has on a green long-sleeved tee which I thought was perfect, but she wanted green pants too. Go figure. 😉
- Spring weather is supposed to return to us today. We’re looking for mid-60s for the high. I can definitely appreciate that!
- I made Rachael Ray’s Chicken, Biscuits’n’Gravy Casserole for dinner last night. It was my second time making it and it was great once again. So easy to make and yummy too!
- Mickey brought home a new book for me yesterday. What a sweetheart! I sent him a list of books I’d like and he went to our church bookstore and got one to surprise me. He brought home Take One, Above The Line Series #1 by Karen Kingsbury, so that’s what I am reading now. Kingsbury is always great to read!
- I’m not sure whether to whisper this cautiously or shout it from the rooftops, but Mariana is doing SO well with her potty-training. She is quite proud of herself too!! (Won’t say more because it’s early in the process yet.)
- I’m excited to watch Biggest Loser: Couples tonight! Maybe that will help me regain some motivation. Lately I have just not been into working out and I need to get my movitation back on track. I think maybe I need another DVD or two so that I can work through a rotation and not get bored. Ideally, I’d like to join the YMCA as a family so we could work out there, so maybe that can happen soon.
- Our play room is well on its way to being more organized. I had a wonderful organization consultant over here yesterday and we worked hard to get the play room in better shape. I am waiting on her to give us a quote to put in shelving units with drawers into the closet so that we can keep it organized down there. It felt good to purge some excess yesterday. Now, if only I could do that all around the house. Hmmm…?!?!?
- I am photographing a wedding reception on Saturday and I am SO excited about that!
- I’m off to get ready to face the day. Hope to get lots more done around the house. I guess I’m “spring cleaning” in steps. LOL!
- Have a great day!
I am so sleepy this morning. Even after a cup and a half of coffee, I still feel like I have weights on my eyelids. I just want to curl back up in bed and sleep some more. Is that asking so much, really? The answer is YES, it’s too much to ask. Especially since Miss Mariana is up and at ’em this morning. Of course, it was Miss Mariana that was awake and crying at 3:45 this morning too. And, it was Mariana that then kept me awake with her tossing and turning until well after 5 this morning too. So, of course, it was HER that got to sleep in a bit this morning and not me. Hmph. Some kids!! 😉 She seems to feel fine this morning, but I’m keeping her home from preschool because I’m not sure she’d last the whole day without becoming tired and cranky anyway. I am seriously pondering taking her nap with her today. Right about now that seems heavenly, but light years away.
Who else is watching The Biggest Loser with me this season? It’s another great one. I just love that show! Of course, I could do without the very obvious product endorsements and I could certainly do without the BLEEPING language, but it’s still a very good show to me. I won’t say anything too specific about last night’s episode because I don’t want to reveal any spoilers for those who haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. I will say that I thought that sisters Aubrey and Mandi showed SO much strength last night. Strength of body, character and spirit. I’m also wondering why Kristin had immunity? Need to do some investigation into that one, I guess.
Guess I should get this day started. Or, at least get up and move a little bit.
Today is another BEAUTIFUL day. It’s approaching 80 outside (if not a little over 80) and the day is just gorgeous. It’s a day that I want to bottle up and save. I especially wish I could save it knowing that this week is supposed to start cooling off and it’s supposed to stay cool next week too. Granted, it IS only March and not even spring yet, so I suppose I should be happy for 50s and all, but…WAH. I am just loving these early days of spring so much. I know I don’t get my way though. We are supposed to get rain with these cooler temps and I’ll be thankful that spring showers bring those pretty flowers. Or, something like that.
I’m still reeling from adding Level Two to my Biggest Loser Boot Camp work-out yesterday. I’m glad that tonight is Yoga night, let’s just say. I do plan to add the next level of Yoga too, but at least it won’t involve doing jumping jacks while holding weights in my hands. WHEW!! It’s the little things to be happy about when getting in shape, I suppose.
As I have been blogging more lately, I have also discovered more and more blogs. There are so many out there and so many that touch the heart. Today I found one for little Kayleigh Anne Freeman. Kayleigh was a teeny tiny preemie eight months ago and is still in NICU care. Her parents are facing some financial struggles (to put it mildly) and a site has been set up for collecting donations to help this family. If you would like to help, check out Give 4 Kayleigh. I will also include a button link at the end of this post. Whether or not you are able to give financially, please join in with many others in praying for Kayleigh. I know that prayers go a LONG way and I believe the family could use as many prayers as they can get.
As I discover and read these new (to me) blogs, I realize more and more every day how great our God is. The stories I read sometimes break my heart, sometimes make me smile, but always ALWAYS give me furtherance of hope and faith.